A Pair of Kuthaya Border Tiles
Decorated in a strong blue with an undulating floral scroll
Between stylised borders
Turkey mid 18thc
Length: 17.7 cm
See Sadberk Hanim Museum for similar tiles and
Victoria and Albert Museum ‘Museum Number 140C-1885.’ which they date to 1733
The tile is similar to the tiles installed in the Armenian church of St. Gregory the Illuminator in Istanbul dated 1733.